Thursday, March 28, 2013

Why Blog?...

Well, it's easy. From the days that He came into my life, I knew I must repay this awesome Savior that shed His blood for me..how could I not? He came down from heaven, grabbed ahold of me in a mighty way, plucked me from utter destruction (physically and eternally), and made me brand new. Since those days have turned into years, His Spirit grows, a fiery passion for His Kingdom. By His grace alone, I set myself on a mission to bang on the walls of heaven to be used by Him. When one takes that job of diligence seriously, intercession for the Kingdom, the King responds. If you were to open the Word to Jeremiah 5, you would see that the need to proclaim Him is like a fire shut up inside you... And it is not an exaggeration, I assure you. So, that need will be met in as many ways as I can come up with. If you had an itch, you would surely scratch. If you were filled with hunger, you would feed it. And this is my response to a growing need to fulfill His glory.
He is all that matters in the End. He is what it's all about, isn't He? We are the created, He is our Creator. We are blessed with spouses, children, family, and friends. But, perhaps (most certainly) we are given them to pursue our God alongside, to acheive the ultimate goal.  My babies and my hubby are dear to me, but my role is not to worship them. They belong to Him. My responsibility is to guide them in any way I can towards One who loves them even more than I. My walk on this earth, is it to collect glory for me, or collect souls for Him...The eternal Blessing?
We live in a "Me" world. It's all about Me. My life, my kids, my job, my accomplishments, my goals.
Our focus has been stolen. We are fooled into believing we were actually brought into this world to accumulate treasures instead of His inheritance. To lift up our names, instead of His? The Name that will last forever. To please and impress man instead of God. To assure that our children are happy instead of saved. To fulfill our dreams, and not God's will.
There's a very present enemy that has us buying into his illusion. Well, not all of us. I'm blessed enough to have been shown behind the curtain. And now, that's my hope for you. That I can pull back the mirage of the world and the lukewarm church that dominates our society... And bring the Fire.
Yep, I said it, and that's exactly what I plan to do.. Won't you come with me?


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your calling to share the Fire!
    Keep rockin girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan the Man!! Your encouragement is always appreciated much!!

      Delete