Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Keeping Lily Sneak Peek #2

Hi, guys! I've decided to share another little nibble of "The Book" today. :)
Keeping Lily, if you don't already know, is a story...more so, a journey alongside a guardian angel. The perspective you see is one of the spirit realm- an inside look into God's "Keepers" and the Beings they protect throughout their lifetimes on earth.
I'm including the introduction again, along with the first little chapter. They aren't long, but the emotion is thought-provoking and enticing enough to visit each scenario or memory and leave you feeling full. I think so anyway. :)
Well, it's not my story to tell. Honestly, I can't believe the words flowed out the way they did. I truly believe this was Spirit inspired. So, I hope it speaks to you and Enjoy!




 Keeping Lily
27,385: The number of days in an average human lifespan. It really doesn't seem like all that many, especially to someone such as myself. I've been around to see my fair share...of lifetimes, that is.

  I am a Keeper. Created to worship, forced to defend. I existed before the stars of the heavens and I will outlive each of them. My journey is an eternal one. My purpose is the same. Rarely do we choose to share ourselves so freely with you this side of the veil, but this story is a special one. It is one that carries truth and revelation. I have been allowed to shine this light, so to speak, and expose the common enemy we share for your own good. A battle is coming, and you must be aware of the forces you unknowingly face and are expected to fight, with weapons not of carnal origins. . Take heed my words and listen intently. Your very existence depends upon it. There isn't much time to waste. There are rumblings and shakings occurring, and the time approaches quickly. I don't know if you've noticed. I will reveal what I feel I must. My name isn't as important as what I do. So I shall leave it at that.. All glory Above.  Now, where was I? Oh, yes...
  Life. I watch as it's born, walk along the milestones beside it, all the while fighting the good fight. I watch them struggle. I watch them rejoice. I watch them fail. I watch them learn and grow. I watch them fade and transfer. I watch as they take their first steps into the restitution of all their days in an eternity unimaginable. Which eternity and what type of unimaginable ranges from glorious perfection to something completely and utterly opposite. I think you understand. There is so much that can happen between point A and B. The factors are numerous, and the twists and turns, sharp. The battle, fierce. The reward, everything. The fact that the ultimate conclusion rests heavily in my very hands is, what you might call, a maddening responsibility.  
  As the ages wind down and the Day approaches, this chapter in time is when the Father has chosen my story to be delivered. His timing is purposeful, even though you nor I comprehend every perfect detail that has been orchestrated by doing so. I shall reveal secrets, expose lies, and glorify the Glorious to the best of my capabilities. You will walk along next to me, as we travel not only distance, but time and through realms your conscious has yet to fathom. I was given this present assignment as a Keeper with the understanding that she would be my last. It was a request I made personally, and was graciously granted, in regards to the loss I’d encountered before...
The pressure of success looms overhead, blinking like a neon sign, a constant reminder that every breath is one (two...three...) closer to her final. Every inhalation filling her chest is like the sail of a ship traveling along a fantastic journey. Every exhale, like the winds, pushing her closer to that final destination. The finish line rushes towards us at an alarming pace. Even I don't know the final hour or day. That's part of the complexity of the challenge.
  So, it's a blink of an eye, and there you are. Round and round it goes...where and when it stops is anyone's guess. Better make the most of it, kid.

The Last Assignment
  I remember watching her descent from Above, and remarking at how brilliantly her light shone. As she was released from heaven's grasp, those surrounding me- waiting anxiously to follow their own through the keyhole of realities and down to earth- gasped at the beauty of her spirit. I had never witnessed another quite like it in all my time as a Keeper, and I supposed it must be rare for all the others to notice as well. This one would be special. I'd only heard of those that were chosen and the special way they glimmered with the Master's touch upon them. “Anointing” is the word best used to describe this special gleam cast upon it for a certain purpose in time. All were beautiful in their own ways, of course. But, this was magnificent as it shone with the sparkling glory that was washing all over it as it coursed down from His throne.  I felt myself beaming with anticipation. It had been generations since I'd felt that feeling. Perhaps this appointment, my last, remind you, would be my easiest. At least, that was my hope.
  I shudder to tell you that all do not make it safely back. Ultimately, the choice is theirs' to make, and even the mightiest Keeper can't control the will of a Being. Tossed amongst worldly delusions and let's not forget the consistent romancing of the Enemy every step of the way, it is a wonder any make it back Home at all. From the instant human eyes are opened to behold this world anew, until the very last moment they close for all eternity, the Darkness is present...on constant vigil alongside me and those like me. It is with them that the battle rages with furious fervency. They, fighting with hatred for all things created with a chance to gain entrance into a Presence they will never see again. We, fighting with the purest love of a Father, whose children are scattered and in desperate need of rescue from the grasp of the mouths of lions.
  The loss of a soul cuts to the core of a Keeper’s existence, and truthfully, time does not heal all wounds. Even the unwound-able feel this sort of pain. Feel it, perhaps, deeper and more physically than any human ever felt an emotion. The breaking of a heart, the loss of a loved one to disease or tragedy or war: emotions that reach to the very core. These manifestations of human despair do not even begin to match how this ultimate and final loss affects the heavenly host. Knowing we lost one of His...it is an eternal loss that fleshly minds cannot ascertain. 
  A piece of me goes with them, a part of myself lost forever in the abyss...like a lone grain of sand dropped to the bottom of the deep, dark blue. 
   This one would be different I told myself. She had to be: look at her light. The Spirit was all around her. Maybe that's why we were chosen for each other- an easy victory chosen to mend my very broken soul. Just the thought of it rekindled a song inside of me.
  But, things are never quite that easy outside of the Kingdom. The warring begins just outside of the gates. Darkness and shadow loom at every step, a battlefield of invisible authorities fighting over the rights to every precious soul.
  So, my battle begins. This will be my last and final chance to direct a soul into that safe harbor...a place where the spirit finds its home and the Light shines forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment