Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Letting go

One of the most difficult things to do in this life is Let Go. I can hardly think of a situation where letting go feels good. Letting go of a life, career, and dreams I thought were meant to be was the most difficult thing I have ever been through. Letting go of control and trying to change things I thought I could change. Letting go of people when it hurt but was inevitable. Letting go of old thought processes and beliefs. Letting go of what people thought about me. Letting go of what I think about others. Letting go of who I thought I was, even. Letting go when someone hurt me. That always stings, but letting go is the first step in healing and freedom. Letting go of trying to impress, and learning to love what God has for me whatever that is. Letting go, there are so many numerous situations. Letting go, it even sounds sad. But, I've come to
learn that letting go means growth. When I can't "let go" it means I'm holding onto something. If I hold onto one thing, I cannot have my hands free to grab ahold of what's new. I cannot receive what God has for me if my hands are full of the things which I cannot let go of. But, usually, when I can't let go of something, the truth of the matter is, I don't have it at all. It usually has me. Anything I cannot release, I am bound by. Thus, I become a slave to. Who is the master today in your life? What are the things God wants you to let go of, in TRUST, so He can renew your life His way?
Letting go means I give my circumstances to God. Letting go is beautiful. The first time a person decides to let go of themselves and give it to God, is usually difficult until one sees what beauty is waiting on the other side of that decision. Letting go is putting total trust and hope in the Only One who is worthy of it. So my prayer for you and myself today is that we just LET GO... And let God.
Plain and simple.
Many blessings and love to you today!

2 comments: